February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day! - I love Apothecaries

Happy Valentines Day!
Well my life can get back to normal this morning.  My entire family, including my hubby, has been home for the past two weeks since the snow BLIZZARD of 2011 hit Southwest Missouri on February 1st.   Seriously a BLIZZARD???  I don't every remember having a blizzard in Missouri before.  Anyway, I am so happy to be back in a routine this morning.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE snow days and being with my family but TWO WEEKS!   By the second week everyone was sooooo bored. Ha!  Thankfully today they are all back in school and we can get back to a normal routine.  IF you call our life normal. :)


Here is my last Valentine post of the year...I know yeah!  
In addition to subway art which I featured last week, another one of my LOVE's right now is apothecaries.  
Here is how I decorated by apothecaries for Valentines Day this year:
In the smaller apothecary I have peanut MnM's...YUM, can't wait to eat them tomorrow :) ok focus, focus...I used a little trick in the middle so that I didn't have to use so many MnM's.  I took a regular piece of 8 1/2 by 11 card stock, rolled it up and secured it with tape.  Then I inserted it down inside the middle of the apothecary, then poured MnM's around the outside of the card stock.  This allowed me to use two bags of MnM's instead of 4 or 5.  
For the larger apothecary I used two bags of pink heart shaped marshmellows.  I probably could have used another bag because they have settled slightly to the bottom of the jar.
The little accents were purchased at TJ Maxx...so cute!  They were already attached to the red ribbon so I just opened the lid of each apothecary and inserted the knot end of the ribbon and set the lid back on,  they held perfectly.

What will I do with my apothecaries next?
Anyone have any great Easter Ideas and ways to use apothecaries?

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving apothecaries right now, too! Just as a suggestion - Dollar Tree has some styrofoam glittery Easter egg picks. Like 10 in a pack for a buck. If you cut off the stick, I think they'd be awfully cute in one of these! :)
    Btw - found you through your link-up with I Heart Naptime.

    ReplyDelete