May 17, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Homemade Pizza

We love PIZZA at the Moeller house and it is almost always on our weekly menu.  I have to admit I usually run out to Papa Murphy's (our local make and take) and purchase pizza to bring home so it is ready to pop in the oven when my family gets home.  However, if I want to make my boys extremely happy, I make it homemade.
Here is the recipe...this goes together super quick!

Pizza Dough

INGREDIENTS:


MIX TOGETHER:
1-1/2 tablespoons Yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
I usually kneed it slightly with my hands so it all sticks together.


Divide in half.  Sprinkle flour onto your rolling surface so it does not stick to your surface.  Roll out flat the width of your pizza pan.   After rolling out one crust, I fold the crust in half and move the crust onto the pizza pan, then unfold to cover pan.  Makes 2 Pizzas.

Add 1 small can of tomato sauce to each crust, sprinkle with garlic salt & Italian Seasoning.  Roll the edge of each pan to form outside crust.  

Arrange your favorite toppings on top of sauce and add LOTS of Mozzarella cheese!


Bake at 375 degrees till pizza is golden and yummy!  Approximately 30 minutes.



I have to say, that this is definitely worth the effort...try it for your next Pizza Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment