April 20, 2011

Inexpensive Decorative Candles

Today's project was so quick and easy.  I am so tired of looking at all of the plain white candles around my house...
they were screaming PLAIN. :)  


I have seen so many cute candles in home decor shops but I refuse to pay the price for just a candle.  


Sooooo here is what I came up with and it literally took me 10 minutes to make two candles.

I started with a plain candle.  


I created a design on my computer using the SureCuts Alot Software.  This software allows me to create whatever I want and then send it to my Cricut to cut the object!  


To make the project faster I cut and pasted the design so I could cut two designs at once using Black Vinyl.

I ended up with this when it was finished.
(Pictured with transfer tape already over the design...oh and this is just one of the designs.  I already cut the other one off.)
  
Next, I took the backing off, wrapped it around my candle and peeled off the transfer tape.

WOW look at this...what a difference!!  LOVE


Cute and inexpensive...my kind of candle!

The total cost for one candle and vinyl was about $2.00...I have seen similar candles for
$15-$20 each.  

I can't stand the thought of spending that much money on a candle and then burning it...


I think I am going to try striped candles next!


1 comment: