March 17, 2011

Decorative Containers

Hey all!
  Did you miss us?
For the past month we both have been playing the roll of "NURSE" and have totally neglected our new blog.  Hopefully we are back on track because we have so many projects to share with you!!!  

For now here is a quick, simple, TOTALLY inexpensive project that you can do with left over containers.

Okay...so the first thing you need is the containers.  I used 3 Walmart Great Value Brand Drink Mix Crystal Light containers.  
We go through a lot of these during the spring/summer.  My favorite is the Peach Tea.  Yummo so refreshing! :-)  
Anyway, these are sturdy plastic containers with clear lids and I just can't keep throwing all of them away.


Next you will need one container, a hot glue gun, and a piece of scrapbook paper.  
(I chose 3 different designs of paper for my project)


 I measured the container height and then cut each piece of paper to the specific measurement.  For my containers each piece needed to be cut to 6 1/4" by 8 3/4".  (You want the paper to slightly overlap once it is wrapped around the container.)  I used my handy dandy paper cutter to quickly cut all 3 pieces at once.

 Now take one piece of cut scrapbook paper and hot glue it to the container.  Wrap it around and hot glue again.
 
 TA-DA!  The finished project...3 cute reusable storage containers, that took about 5 minutes to complete.
I am using my containers at my desk to store markers, colored pencils and other items in but I think they would be wonderful containers for small toys too!  Just wrap them with coordinating children's scrapbook paper
...or what a great place to store a yahtzee game.  Take 5 dice and roll the scorecards and insert into the container...an instant container cup to shake dice too!  These would be a cute inexpensive gift for birthday's or Christmas.  I am always looking for fun stuff for my nieces and nephews.

Where or how would you use these containers?

1 comment:

  1. Really cute...and I think even I could do this! I especially love the black and white ones!

    ReplyDelete